Tuesday 12 March 2013

The first injections


I was quite nervous about doing the first injections. I don't like needles at the best of time so to actually draw up drugs and then inject yourself is quite some ask really.
Up until the drugs arrived I honestly thought they would be pen like administered, like epipens. But no, and not only that but first I had to mix the drugs before I could administer it, scary, what happens if I get it wrong??

Fortunately and I guess obviously as I'm writing this blog, everything went ok and in actual fact it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, the needles are really small and went in very easily.....I'm beginning to wonder what all the fuss is about. ;-)

I don't have to go back to Brighton until Friday so I have four more days of drugs before we can get an idea as to how it's all working. It seems like a long wait but I'm going to try my best to keep myself busy and keep my mind off of it all, I don't think it's going to be as easy as it sounds though.

The second day of injections.......and I know now what all the fuss is about! It hurts! Ok a slight exaggeration but it is sore and I just know by the end of these two weeks or ten days I'm going to resemble a sore little pin cushion. But really it's ok and I'm just getting on with it.

The doctor didn't want me flying while I was doing IVF so I'm off now until there's a result. Mmm what to do? I'd love to do some gardening but I really don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment